5.23.2009

Called to Serve


Here he is... all dressed up and somewhere to go. What an experience. I am learning that I don't know anything about anything until I actually do it. I had no idea how hard it would be to leave a boy at the MTC knowing that when I see him next he'll be a man.

HARD.

My heart still hurts. In a good way though. Mostly.

Sunday we had a wonderful Special Stake Conference with Elder Bednar. Can't beat that. He taught us about agency and that the time is now to live the gospel and to press forward. And that we need not fear if we understand the plan of happiness.

The fire alarm went off during conference - right before Elder Bednar's talk. We all groaned as we exited the building, but it was resolved within minutes. And then, after we re-assembled, Br. Bednar taught us using the fire alarm as an object lesson - Clear alarm, we wait for instructions from presiding authorities, and we will be blessed with peace and safety.

Tommy was set apart after church as a full-time missionary. It was a sweet, quiet time. I was so glad we could all be there. Elder Dudley bore his testimony after he was set apart and said that he was excited and ready.

And he is. Excited and Ready.

No comments: