5.27.2009

I Love Mail

A letter. Hooray!

I'm pretty sure that I am the only one who is so excited, but excited I am!

Here is our first installment from the MTC - written Wednesday night.

05/20/09
Dear Family,

I don't have a ton of time to write but I figured it would be a good idea to send a quick note out. It's the end of my first day, and things are still weird. I don't feel fully adjusted or even adjusted at all. Everyone is calling each other Elder & Sister, and it's super weird to hear. I'll look at myself in the mirror with my nametag, or someone will say something simple such as "hey, elder" and I suddenly feel like a fake. It's hard to feel like I'm not just playing dress-up, but that I actually am a missionary.

Today wasn't too busy, but I still feel extremely tired. I was looking at my schedual (sic) for the next few weeks, and it's flat out crazy. by far the most minute to minute rigourously full thing I have ever seen. Today we just had another orientation meeting, spent a few hours kinda hangin around unpacking/waiting. My companion's name is Elder Norton & he's from Kaysville, Utah. That's where Nicole is from. There are two other guys in my room as well, one is named Elder Harper and he's from Idaho, and then Elder Wright is also from Kaysville, and we are all going to Toronto West Mission.

Tomorrow is looking like an intese way to start. I have class from 7:00-8:00, Breakfast from 8:00-8:45 and then class from 8:45-1:00. I get lunch and then it's pretty much the same thing after till about 9:00. I have a feeling I will be getting pretty tired.

My zone leaders seem like good guys as well as my Branch Presidency. One of the counselors - Bro. & Sister Goodman served their missions in Russia and have some sort of connection with Gump and Nana.

Well, I have to get going. Our Branch President is really pushing the idea of liveing the rules and being obedient with exactness, especially with the loghts out policy.

I hope you guys all made it home safe! Also Camilla, I hope you have fixed my fb by now. Well I must be going! I love & miss you all!

Love
Elder Dudley
(Still not at all used to that)

P.S. I need Gary's address

No comments: