6.02.2009

Swine Flu Caution


Just to keep things interesting, I have heard that there is Swine Flu at the MTC.

I haven't received a telephone call, so I would suppose that Elder Dudley is NOT among the 20 or so who have been quarantined.

The MTC is changing protocol and allowing only curbside drop-off of incoming Elders and Sisters. So maybe we were lucky to be among the final few who got to say goodbye in a sea of sobbing relatives. (Our goodbye was made all the more interesting because the Tongan lady who was saying goodbye to her missionary elder wailed loud and long -a bit of comic relief for me - "Well, at least I'm not crying that loud!")

According to the news article, Tommy's stay at the MTC might be extended a week or so. I am interested to hear how he feels about that. A friend of mine described the MTC like Spirit Prison - "full of the Spirit... and you can't get out!" Probably accurate.

Read news article here

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6674890

In other news - I'm off to Washington on Thursday to pick up Hannah. Looking forward to seeing her and lugging her new life home. Hoping the adjustment isn't too hard for her. We are all so glad to have her be coming back.

Here is a picture of Prom - they had a fun Prom on the Potomac. Her date is Sean from North Dakota.



I'm pretty sure she can't wait to be back in good old Carson City - but things are definitely alot slower around here. Alot less interesting. Alot less to do. I hope she can manage.


Welcome home, Hannah.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh boy, swine flu. Something else to write in Tommy's journal, but hopefully nothing beyond that, right?!!

It will be great to have Hannah home. She's one of my faves!